- Company Name:
- The City School
1.Responsible for knowing critical functions within the department and capable of mentoring and assisting employees within the department.
2. Utilize teamwork to develop departmental synergy.
3. Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and company procedures.
4. Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
5. Assures compliance with federal, state, local and corporate policies, regulations and laws.
6. Reviews accounts payables and weekly check runs.
7. Determines proper handling of financial transactions and approves transactions within designated limits.
8. Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts, cost centers and documents business transactions.
9. Responsible for distributing financial statements and cost center reports.
10. Prepares work papers and supporting schedules for the annual financial review.
11. Staff management and development.
12. Distributes monthly comparison reports and cost center reports according to schedules.
13. Prepares financial statements and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position.
1. A chief accountant must be able to meet the demands of an ever-changing business environment.
2. Have a critical mind in identifying and defining clearly the problem, evaluating different ideas or ways of solving the problem from the data gathered, and making a choice on which one is the best among the different ideas evaluated .
3. Should also have extensive knowledge in fast-paced technologies and accounting programs and possess excellent mathematical skills .
4. Should also have strong written and verbal communication skills, time management and organizational skills, problem-solving and analytical skills, as well as leadership and administrative skills.
5. Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Application, particularly Excel.
6. Background experience working on an ERP system is an added advantage.
To Apply for this Job, click on "Reply to this Ad" button available above.
Education: Master's degree
Experience: 6 - 10 years